Thursday 1 November 2012

Time and schedule for video

0-10 seconds - quick cuts. shots of getting out of bed, waking up, getting dressed.
11-18 seconds - performance shots
18-20 seconds - shot of hands panning up to face (lyrics)
20-30 secs - performance, cuts in different places (low angle shots)
28+.. - panning shot from car, show urban area
30 - 40 - performance shots again, walking down the street towards camera
40 - (survival of the fittest of man) pen and pad, writing on desk shot.
47 - keep on coming at you til im done with it (gets close to camera)
50 - cap on, hood on. lurking in shadows, long shot.

First chorus - Walking, facing camera for the chorus

2nd verse, performance shots from car
shots from behind a fence, idea of being trapped

3:35 - end - point of view shot, performer walks towards mic which isn't visible then picks it up, then the camera pans up his body to show him.




2nd chorus before the end - Narrative takes over

IDEAS
shots of his eyes through the car mirrors
changing shots of him arguing with himself
beat provided by doors slamming
narrative - searching and eventually finding microphone
walking past different things mentioned
break up with shots of urban area's
shot from behind his head showing him looking over everything

Song Lyrics

Don’t try to work me out, cos I’m confused myself

I thought I knew me, but the person that I knew has left,

the newer me is born, and the pressures on. The world is in the palm of my hand and I’m feeling strong

You thought I’d never make it, but you were wrong. I even had the nerve to get this message to you in a song

The things you put me through made me what I am, made me see the world for what it is, took it like a man

Re-arrange my whole life and now I understand, sometimes I get flashbacks of the days when no-one gave a damn

Thats all it is, nothing more, nothing less, Im never going back again to the land of the stress

Where its survival of the fittest of man, and all of this cos I had a mic, a pad and a pen

I was blessed with a gift and I swear I let the world know it, never quit, keep on coming at ya til I’m done with it

13 years lurking in the shadows with my cap on, hood on, waiting for my moment to get put on

Stage with the biggest of names so I can shine, funk of the universe with a beat and a rhyme

 

(Chorus)

I’m a entertainer, I live to entertain

And now to keep performing, it has to keep me sane

80,000 fans yelling out my name

It aint about the fame, it runs in the veins.

 

I see the way you’re looking wondering what I’m cooking

What’s the LP gonna be called, Storms of Ruin

Maybe, maybe not, regardless the albums hot

Touch it and you’ll burn your fingers same way that I blew the spot

I’m not the type to stand infront of an audience, turn my back and perform to the floor, whats the point in this?

I thrive on the energy, am who I claim to be, I remember when I used to see the whole world as my enemy

I was paranoid but now the paranoia is not employed

Had a fight with the negative side of my mind and left it destroyed

Now I’m a different man, to elevate I had to be, I wasn’t built in a factory I was born and bred naturally

Im a human, an individual none the less, I talk through the music just to get stuff off my chest

Cos I’m like that, sometimes fictional but mostly fact, I’m deadly when I rap so you might as well compare me to anthrax

I strike when you least expect, come correct, and leave you standing with your outer shell cracked like you’re an easter egg

Break a leg, you want more, get on your knees and beg

I’m hungry like I ain’t eaten for years, what d’you expect?

 

Chorus

 

I’m far from an eccentric, protecting the world that I invented

When I’m dead and buried my aim is to be remembered like I’m Hendrix

I’m stubborn, I didn’t quite catch what you said pardon, if rhyming is a crime then I’m a criminal that’s been hardened

Forget about it you ain’t ever gonna match me, I’m like an athlete

Running the 100m is six seconds flat you’ll never catch me

Move on, or be blessed with the kiss of death, I came to the place with nothing but words and took away your breath

Now you can’t breathe, been nuts since the day you tried to starve me, its absolutely no use trying to calm me cos I’m barmy

Ordinary human being turned into a lunatic, a product of the environment, no way, thats not me

I’m 183,000 steps ahead of the competition, listen, thats the ignition

I mean business, if I die I come to life again

Just so I can finish what I started, make you say damn

Cos I’m the type who never quits, rip the mic to bits and you can see what’s going on inside the construction, and stick so it can handle what I’m feeding it

Every level exceeding it, you don’t believe me just wait til you see in it.

Chorus x3

I’M A, ENTERTAINERRRRR.

No comments:

Post a Comment