Thursday 1 November 2012

Target Audience

I put together a questionnaire a find out not only what was a popular name for my rap artist, but what kind of audience would appreciate it, and what kind of music they would listen to.

I asked these questions to find out particular things about my target audience.

Age - This will give me an idea of who listens to hip hop music and what kind of age group I am trying to appeal to

Whether the person listens to classical or contemporary hip hop at all

Which artist's they listen to. This enables me to find out which artist's they consider to be hip hop artist's and which one's are most popular amongst different age groups.

How often a person listens to music will enable me to find out whether they enjoy music a lot more than others and whether that would effect their decisions.

Which of these names appeals to you most, as a rapper? This question gave me a feel of which would be most popular amongst people who enjoy hip hop music and would therefore allow me to base my decision on which name would be most effective.
 
Questionnaire

 
How old are you?

0-15  (2)  16-20 (18)  21-35 (7)  35+ (3)

 

Do you listen to hip-hop music?

Yes   (10)         No (5)     Sometimes (15)

 

Which of these artists do you listen to?

Plan B  (17)   Mac Miller (3)    Foreign Beggars (5)     Eminem  (26)

50 Cent  (22)    Kid Cudi (8)   TI (7)   Lil Wayne  (13)   Zuby (1)

Dizzee Rascal  (20)   Tinchy Stryder (14)  Wiley  (6)

 

How often do you listen to hip hop music?

I don’t (5)   1-2 hours a week(10)     3-10 hours a week  (12)  10+hours  (3)

 

Which of these names appeals most to you as a rapper?

T Fresh   (6)

Bad E (1)

Ambush (12)

Blow Kid (0)

Mischief (5)

Rogue D (6)

I found out that the majority of the people I asked only listened to hip hop music occassionally and weren't purely hip hop fans, and also that with the big American names in hip hop most people atleast listened to and enjoyed the UK Hip hop artists in the questionnaire. Also, I found out that most people listen to hip-hop music for about 3-10 hours every week, and that the average age of people who listen to hip hop music is 22, from the people i surveyed. Moreover, and most interestingly, the artist name 'Ambush' was most popular, which is why my artist will be called 'Ambush'.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment